Keeping a makerspace innovative and student-centered is key to building 21st century and computational thinking skills. SAM Labs Solutions easily add coding and open-ended challenges to your makerspace that will work with any age student.
Supplement individual core subjects with our makerspace playbook, project-based learnings to solidify lessons introduced in the traditional core curriculum. Whether you run a 5th Grade Makerspace classroom or are looking for open-ended computational thinking activities for your 8th Grade Science class on Fridays, your students will have the opportunity to creatively problem solve.
“The possibilities are endless! Students are able to do so many things with a few blocks.”
Tara Pollick, K-5 STEM Teacher , Mount Nittany Elementary School, PA
SAM Labs Maker Solution for Makerspace
SAM Labs Maker Solution provides flexibility with an array of different sensors that work with makerspace materials to bring learning to life through movement, sound, lights, and more. Students will explore coding concepts using provided, open-ended activities that focus on the design thinking process.
Through engaging, activity-based learning, our Maker Solution adds just the right amount of coding to maker projects to engage students and keep your makerspace innovative.
Maker Solution Benefits
How teachers benefit:
- Innovative solution in their makerspace or classroom
- Open-ended activities are created for you that focus on design thinking
- Activities designed for easy differentiation
- Student-led activities to promote creativity and autonomy
- Rubrics included to assess students’ work
How students benefit:
- Hands-on coding of their own creations to keep them engaged
- Intuitive coding platforms
- Open-ended activities that allow for creativity and autonomy
- Student-centered learning
- Honing 21st century skills
Complete the form below to access free sample lesson content!
Get access to our free sample lesson content to see:
- How SAM Labs allows you to effectively and efficiently teach computer science, STEAM, and coding.
- How SAM Labs lessons align to major science, STEAM, and coding curriculum standards.
- How SAM Labs makes it easy to keep students engaged with modular lessons that follow a warm-up, mini-lesson, worked example, initial challenge, debug opportunity, and final challenge.