Why teach STEAM and coding in 3rd grade?
Having trouble fitting hands-on STEAM learning into your school day with 3rd graders? The solution is incorporating STEAM into core subjects in a meaningful way for your elementary students.
SAM Labs’ STEAM Solution has everything needed for success in integrating STEAM and coding into your 3rd grade science lessons, no experience is required! Our STEAM solution will guide you through the foundations of coding while exploring science topics using innovative, standards-based lessons that are fun and interactive!
Dig into this amazing, standards-based, 3rd grade STEAM lesson!
During this STEAM lesson for Grade 3, students will gain an understanding of the concept of friction and the difference between helpful and unhelpful friction. Elementary students will integrate and exhibit learning by creating a ‘car’ and testing it on different surfaces to investigate how friction affects movement.
Everything You Need to Teach STEAM & Coding in 3rd Grade
SAM Labs STEAM Solution
- Increased engagement through hands-on learning
- Experience science concepts in innovative ways
- Hone 21st century skills like communication, creativity, and collaboration
- Develop key computational and critical thinking skills
- Provides an introduction to key computer science skills